How about holding Wineconf at Google's campus in Mountain View, California?

Dan Kegel dank06 at kegel.com
Tue Feb 6 23:46:06 CST 2007

On 2/6/07, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree Dans offer is very generous and I would still have fun
> visiting 'The Googleplex' and I also agree we should put it to a vote
> once we've narrowed down the list of locations.

Note - I haven't gotten approval to use any Google offices yet;
I was waiting to see if our mole in Zurich was willing to
act as a host.    A university might well still end up being
our best option.

(Also, the Google video facilities are excellent only for
office-to-office conferencing; the videophones here don't
let you feed video to the net in general.
Our bandwidth is hard to beat, though, so uploading
video to YouTube would not be a burden.)
- Dan