Wineconf 2007 survey

Jeremy White jwhite at winehq.org
Thu May 10 11:16:56 CDT 2007

Jeremy White wrote:
> We've got 24 so far; 12 for Zurich, 9 for Amsterdam, and 3 for Bratislava.

We have 12 more; 6 for Zurich, 4 for Amsterdam, and 2 for Bratislava.

That makes the totals 18 Zurich, 13 Amsterdam, and 5 Bratislava.

I think that is now statistically enough to declare for Zurich,
although I'd like to hear from Mr. Hearn that he's ready to deal
with that influx.

Dan, I also think that a number of the folks voting, are doing so
with the thought that they'd go to Santa Monica, so I want to make sure
that works for you.

We should probably also have a gut check on just how we would
accommodate that.  I fear that a 9 hour time zone difference
is going to make things quite awkward.  For example, a 9 am Saturday
key note would be midnight Friday in LA.

That tends to imply we'd really be having 2 events that are loosely
coupled, rather than 1 functional event.

I suppose staying up until 4 or 5 in the morning in LA is still
easier on ones sleep patterns than flying to Europe, so perhaps
there is some chance for overlap.  I just don't want to be the one
to ask Alexandre to wake up early to do his key note... <grin>

Cheers,

Jeremy