Last details for WineConf 2007

Jeremy White jwhite at winehq.org
Wed Oct 3 11:01:21 CDT 2007

> thanks for the details. What is the best way to reach Hotel Rex from the
> airport? Do you have rough idea about taxi price? (so they do not rob us too
> much :)

Actually, it looks like the public transit system works brilliantly.

Lei has a page up on the Wineconf page that talks about how to use
the trip planner, which I wish'd he'd put up *before* I spent an
afternoon puzzling through it <grin>.

The Hotel Rex appears to be closest to a Tram line (Line #7),
and the relevant stop is:
  	Zürich, Ottikerstrasse

To get there from the airport (Zürich Flughafen), we need
to go through the main train station (Zürich HB), which is a
10 minute ride from the Airport.  From there, we walk to find
the #7 tram, which leaves from Zürich, Bahnhofstrasse/HB.
Then it's a 6 minute ride to the Ottikerstrasse street.

Here are the prices:
  http://www.zvv.ch/_tourist_e/tickets.asp

It looks like CHF 12 (red button plus funky symbol) will get us to the hotel, and 24
hours of travel around 10 as well.  Each day, then, it looks
like we can buy a 24 hour pass for another 7.80 CHF.

(I've added the above to the Wiki page)

Mike, do you know - could we buy the 24 hour day passes
(Green button :-/) ahead of time, and then just validate
them as our former ticket expires?

Cheers,

Jeremy