Last details for WineConf 2007

Mike Hearn mike at plan99.net
Thu Oct 4 03:38:56 CDT 2007

> To get there from the airport (Zürich Flughafen), we need
> to go through the main train station (Zürich HB), which is a
> 10 minute ride from the Airport.  From there, we walk to find
> the #7 tram, which leaves from Zürich, Bahnhofstrasse/HB.
> Then it's a 6 minute ride to the Ottikerstrasse street.

Yes. Walk out of the front entrace to the station, you'll see a tram
stop straight ahead. That's not the one you want! Instead, carry on
going straight and cross the bridge. You'll see another tram station
called "Central". That has the number 7.

> Mike, do you know - could we buy the 24 hour day passes
> (Green button :-/) ahead of time, and then just validate
> them as our former ticket expires?

Sorry, I don't think so. The ticketing system in Zurich is rather
primitive, because all the locals just buy yearly passes. You'll find
most people just walk on and off, without buying tickets - that's why.
Make sure you have coins!