Wineconf 2009

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Fri May 29 11:14:48 CDT 2009

On Friday 29 May 2009 17:43:21 Steven Edwards wrote:
> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That would place us either in the US around the CIFS conference in
> > September or in Europe around SambaXP time in April. The alternative
> > would be to just invite the Samba team to join us for WineConf. I'm happy
> > to pass on an invitation.
>
> Doing them sequentially as Scott suggests would be better I think,
> based upon the WineConf in Germany. We only have a limited amount of
> time and don't want it to be too much Samba and not enough Wine.

Huh? I didn't want to imply anything else. I'm just saying that there's two
conferences that make most Samba developers travel around to meet. Those are
SambaXP and the CIFS conference. So if we want to have WineConf sequentially
with one of these events, those are the ones to aim for.

SambaXP is always in Göttingen, Germany, in late April. We already missed it
for this year. The second one is always in Silicon Valley, in September. We
don't want to meet in the US this year, either. So at least for this year,
this isn't going to work.

Now, my suggestion for this year was to invite interested Samba developers to
join us at WineConf. There's quite a few European Samba developers. Scott
said something about talking to a couple of Samba developers at UDC. I guess
that Jelmer Vernooij was one of them, and he's Dutch. So for him it's easy to
get to Enschede. A couple of other folks are based in Germany, so it's
possible they might join in as well.

That's all that I wanted to say.
Kai

--