Minor travel note

Julius Schwartzenberg j.schwartzenberg at student.utwente.nl
Wed Nov 4 19:06:15 CST 2009

That's all correct. You should mainly note the number of the bus. The
display on the bus will probably say "9 Enschede Centraal Station". The
stop where you need to get out will be indicated on the monitor as
"UT/Viaduct" but the woman will pronounce "Universiteit Viaduct".

There are no other busses with 9 on them in another direction since
Hengelo is the begin/end station of that bus line.

Note that when you are at Hengelo station there will also be a bus stop
marked "15/16 Universiteit". This is a very specific bus line which only
rides at specific times. If you happen to catch this bus it will bring
you very close to the Drienerburgt when you get off at the stop "UT/De
Zul" or "UT/Bastille" (it's right in between them). Both stops are
indicated by the Hs near the Drienerburght on the map. Note that these
stops are not indicated on the monitor in the bus till it has passed the
stop "UT/Viaduct" for some reason.
This bus doesn't ride for most part of the day however.

So note that although there is a stop at Hengelo which says "15/16
Universiteit", you generally should not wait there, but really at the
stop with "9 Enschede Centraal Station". The reason this bus is not
mentioned on the wiki is because of it's irregular schedule and because
of the confusing monitor indication.

Your train should arrive several minutes before the half hour (so around
the 25th or 55th minute). The bus will leave at 3 minutes past every
half an hour (so every 3th or 33th minute). In a normal situation it
should be no problem to catch the bus which connects to your train. Even
though you have to walk a bit more at Hengelo station now, because they
are rebuilding it.

Julius