Tips for those arriving at Wineconf

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Fri Nov 19 07:19:27 CST 2010

On 11/19/2010 01:47 AM, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> On 18/11/10 18:24, Owen Rudge wrote:
>>> - if you're flying into Charles de Gaul airport, bring 8 euros *in
>>> coins* for the train ticket into town
>>
>> Does the machine not accept Euro notes? Since that might be a problem
>> for most of us I imagine!
> Some do, some don't. You'd often get a row of machines, where only the
> one at the end accepts notes. In theory, "information" might be kind
> enough to break your note into coins, but:

The machines don't accept notes, and the vendors don't like giving
change either.

However, I was able to use my (non chip/pin) credit card -- at first I
didn't see that the machine actually had two slots - one for chip/pin
cards, another for swipe cards.

I also managed to demagnetize my ticket, which made for an interesting
time transferring to the metro.

-Scott Ritchie