Video recording the keynote

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Thu Sep 29 04:15:11 CDT 2011

On 09/29/2011 01:49 AM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had planned to video record the keynote this year.
> As I can't be there this year perhaps someone else could do it...
>
> I know the consensus is usually "be there or be square" ;) but the
> current technology should make it pretty easy and non intrusive.
>

> My concept would have been: Simple recording device, Simple setup.
>
> * Small HD video camcorders are all the rage these days, if someone has one
>   for usage, this could be it.
>
> * If using a Digital Still Camera: Do not record HD as this is limited to
>   5 minutes usually (due to license issues of h.264). Use smaller resolution
>   640x480 which is motion jpeg but usually the camera takes video as long as
>   it fits the SD card.
>
> * Or... using a Android phone or iPhone or other video capable smartphone.
>   My Samsung Galaxy S2 seems to be able record video with just the memory as limitation.
>
>   (Test if it takes video longer than 5 minutes a piece before using ;)
>
> * Do from first or second seating row to get sound, just make sure Alexandre is in frame ;)
>
> * Slides recognizability is not necessary (hoping that Alexandre uploads them later on).
>
> * All likely possible without a tripod.
>

> * Just the keynote would make all not coming folks feel in touch. :)

I'm terrible with A/V and hope someone will do this.

However I will offer to pitch in and take really good notes of wineconf
and blog them this year, I know that was missed last time.

I also reserve the right to make them into a magazine article and
collect 200 dollars for passing go.

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie