"libmsi and msitools: the missing link for Windows cross-compilation"

Paolo Bonzini pbonzini at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 07:49:00 CST 2012

Presenters:

Paolo Bonzini and/or Marc-Andre Lureau

Abstract:

Many GNU/Linux distributions include a cross-compilation environment for
Windows that is easy to install and use.  Some of these also provide the
Nullsoft installer (NSIS) to package build artifacts into a Windows
executable.  NSIS has the advantage that the compiler is portable to
POSIX systems, but does not support corporate deployment and component
management as well as .msi packages generated for the Windows Installer.
 libmsi is a port of Wine's MSI database code.  The talk will present
the rationale for the library, its current state and msitools, a small
set of programs that we implemented around it.  We will also present
plans for future development of libmsi and msitools.

Expected time: 30 minutes