Favor: help me fill two holes

Erich E. Hoover erich.e.hoover at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 10:00:51 CST 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 7:26 AM, Stefan Dösinger <stefandoesinger at gmx.at> wrote:
> We could have a flamewar about formatting fixes. I think we should
> just bite the bullet and unify the entire codebase. The basic premise:
> How often do we run git blame vs how often does a potential
> contributor have problems due to plain formatting issue.
>
> However I don't know if that would be a particularly appealing
> discussion for the general public.

I can't make it this year (the conference is coincident with one I
need to attend for work), but I'd like to chime in and say it would be
nice to have a git pre-commit script that we could offer to people
that properly formats patches.  I'd say it's at least a good candidate
to fill a hole, I know that I'd be interested in tuning in to it once
it's available online ;)

Best,
Erich