Wine developer room recordings

Wouter Verhelst wouter at fosdem.org
Thu Jan 30 03:33:41 CST 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 07:40:21PM -0600, Jeremy White wrote:
> > So I thought I was politely, and silently, declining to accept your help
> > with video recording.
> >
> > I see now that, instead, I was rudely ignoring your call for
> > unanimity.
> >
> > As I say, we do have a small group of people who are interested
> > in recording the talks. I'll put a call out and see if we can get
> > some volunteers to help.
>
> Urk.  There were no volunteers, and I remain a video grinch.
>
> To be clear, I refuse to volunteer myself, as I am hostile to the whole idea.
>
> We have all attendees on high alert on an email list here:
>
> You could put out your own direct appeal and see if someone will
> respond to your cry for help.  They ignored mine:
>   http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wineconf/2014-January/000854.html

Right, here's a request, then.

We really need someone to look after the video gear in the Wine devroom.
Starting this year, we really want to record *everything*. Including
your devroom. That requires at least one, but preferably two or more,
volunteers to man the video gear.

It's not difficult. I've already sent out a few mails with details to
all our other volunteers; please see
<https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/video/2014-January/000078.html> and
<https://lists.fosdem.org/pipermail/video/2014-January/000163.html>. If
you're going to be in the Wine devroom most of the day anyway, you would
be a perfect candidate -- even if you have no prior A/V experience:
there will be a training session, there will be documentation on how
everything works, and we'll be there to help you should things go wrong.

If you don't have the time to put in a whole day, but can do half a day
or even just a few talks, that's also helpful; if there's more than one
of you doing so, you'll probably manage a full day.

Note that if there is no video volunteer at all this year, this will be
taken into account when we need to decide whether Wine will be able to
get a devroom next year.

Thanks,

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/