Trains/Cars Germany <==> Austria (Was: Re: Arrival times)

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Sep 16 05:09:13 CDT 2015

On 09/15/2015 09:45 AM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 05:22:05PM -0500, Jeremy White wrote:
>> I think it's nice to have a list of when people are expecting to arrive.
>>  I'm getting in on Thursday at 1:30 pm.
>>
>> I plan to hang out as late as I can stay awake on Thursday, and then be
>> a tourist on Friday.  I think my main plan for Friday is to hit the
>> Schloss Schonbrunn, and then maybe the town center a bit.  Assuming his
>> flight makes it okay, I think Nikolay is hoping to join me on Friday.
>>
>> Then we generally gather at the hotel on Friday, usually starting in the
>> late afternoon.
>
> I plan to arrive around friday afternoon, have not booked my train ticket yet.
Did you check that the planned train is running?
With the current refugee drama the train service between Germany and
Austria seems to be still (partially?) suspended.

Also border controls were re-instituted between the Austrian and German
border so expect huge delays on the border when driving / going by bus.

It might make even sense to take a detour over Czech Republic when
taking the train/car between the two countries. Luckily I had to take a
flight myself due to time constraints; that is unaffected by this.

bye
	michael