Another suggestion: Coding styles and review

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Wed Nov 2 08:46:03 CDT 2016

Here is a discussion I would love to have, especially with the greater dependence on non Alexandre reviewers

What are wine's coding style requirements?
How much do style error block review/sign-off?
Can a reviewer just change style, how much changing requires a re-sign-off from the original author?

I am noticing that our coding guidelines block on the wiki is, small, incomplete and I personally have been told to do things directly in opposition to some of the points on this page:

https://wiki.winehq.org/Submitting_Patches#Code_guidelines

Then the Coding Practices chapter in the developers guide (a link from the above) is 404:

https://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winedev-guide/codingpractice

I feel like this is an import thing to hash out and make sure all people reviewing code is at least mostly on the same page.

-aric