Presenters guidlines?

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Oct 3 14:36:56 CDT 2016

On 10/01/2016 04:22 PM, Alex Henrie wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I know that planning like this digs at Jeremy's soul but, I am putting together my HID/PNP update and I wanted to get a pulse on the parameters around my presentation. I don't want to put together another hour long presentation to be told right before to make it 15 minutes.
>>
>> How long should I plan for, and what audience, everyone? breakout session?
>>
>> What do people want?

It's a tricky balance; the presentations are vital for stirring the pot
and bringing up good things to talk about.  But you risk having people
tune out if it goes on too long.

My rough guidelines would be:

  1.  Think more conversation than lecture
  2.  No more than 15-30 minutes of prepared content (it's okay to
consume an hour or so, but only if you're not the only person talking).
  3.  Every presentation goes to the group as a whole; you can plan more
details for a break out group, if you like.

Cheers,

Jeremy