WineConf agenda

Donat Enikeev donat at enikeev.net
Mon Oct 23 07:17:30 CDT 2017

> How about having a bit more strategy discussion on merging Wine Staging patches (quicker) to mainline wine?

It would be interesting video indeed, I followed several big patch series based on staging and adjusted to be well-qualified (tests, fixes, etc) -- that were moving to the bottom of https://source.winehq.org/patches/ without a comment or response and then disappeared :) Probably there are some non-obvious rules like proof-of-time or code-support concerns or existing plans to implement same functionality in a more correct way -- visibility on the staging->mainline process would be very useful for those, who want to help the project in this way, as clearly staging patches help win applications on the edge and attract attention of potential volunteers

P.s. At least, it looks as making sense to add to for each patch in staging git, what it is lacking, ideas on better implementation, links to discussions or quotes from there, etc

Best,
Donnie