WineConf 2018 - Friday afternoon programme

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:19:44 CDT 2018

Those of us that will already be in The Hague on Friday afternoon will
have the opportunity to go on a guided city tour through The Hague.
I'd like to encourage first-time attendees in particular to
participate, since this will be a good opportunity to get to know each
other ahead of the main conference.

Tours take about 90 minutes, and there are two tours: "The
Constitution Walk" [1] and "Dutch politics and history" [2]. We'd
likely start the first tour sometime around 15:00, and if there's
interest I can make a dinner reservation for the evening. This would
result in the following tentative programme:

    14:30 Gather at the hotel lobby
    14:45 Leave the hotel lobby
    15:00 Tour 1
    16:45 Tour 2
    18:30 Dinner

Costs are € 200 per group, per tour, and groups have a maximum size of
25 persons. Depending on the group size, that would be approximately €
10–15 per person, per tour. If you'd like to participate in any of
these, please let me know by sending me an e-mail at
hverbeet at codeweavers.com with the following information before May 14:

    - Which of these you'd like to participate in: the "The
Constitution Walk" tour, the "Dutch politics and history" tour, and/or
the evening dinner.
    - The number of persons that will be participating.
    - Any restrictions on your side. E.g., in case you won't be at the
hotel before a certain time, or only want to participate in case a
certain minimum number of other people do, etc.

Henri

[1] https://www.prodemos.nl/english/visitor-centre/town-walk-the-constitution-walk/
[2] https://www.prodemos.nl/english/visitor-centre/town-walk-dutch-politics-and-history/