WineConf and sound recording

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:04:28 CDT 2018

On 29 March 2018 at 20:30, M. GOUJON <ale.goujon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Recordings of previous wine confs have been somewhat disappointing
> especially the sound part: microphone buggy, people asking question too far
> from the micro...
> Some of you are native English speakers, others not and understanding
> everyone quickly becomes a challenge (and you ends up with a headache).
>
> May I suggest you to buy some clip-on microphones ?
> Handheld ones ones are heavy and people always forget to speak in it.
> If you wanna invest some bucks, digital recorders are the best option.
>
> If needed, I can donate those missing bucks.

I happen to agree that the recordings have room for improvement, and
would like to see us do better there. Budget is definitely a
consideration though, and as much as I would like to promise that this
year will be better, I don't think I can. I'm curious though, did you
have specific equipment in mind that you'd like to recommend?