Call for WineConf presentations

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:45:03 CDT 2018

On 30 March 2018 at 06:21, Zebediah Figura <z.figura12 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would appreciate such a presentation. How much background (if any) on
> the general architecture of 3D graphics do you think you'd give?
>
> (so that I know how much reading up I need to do ;-)

My initial thinking would be fairly little, and assume a basic
familiarity with 3D-graphics and concepts like e.g. textures and
shaders. The idea would be to give a fairly high-level overview of
Wine's Direct3D implementation. My reasoning there is that plenty of
books and papers have been written on 3D-graphics that do a much
better job of explaining the concepts than I would be able to in a
15-20 minute presentation, and on the other side, people really
interested in all the details of Wine's implementation would likely be
better of just reading the source code. There's still time to convince
me otherwise though. :)