Some questions about WineConf.

Alex Henrie alexhenrie24 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:59:49 CDT 2018

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 12:51 AM Gert Otten <gert.otten.1998 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a Wine user since somewhere around 1.5 (2012, I believe?), and ever
> since then I got really interested in it. (Of course Wine is not my only
> interest within the computer space.) Since I don't have deep pockets at the
> moment, I was really happy to find out that WineConf is hosted in The
> Netherlands this year, though I have to travel all the way to the other
> side of the country since I live in Overijssel. Thus it got me wondering
> whether it would be possible to attend for just one day.
>
> I'd also like to know about the ARM Emulation update. Is this about the
> x86-on-ARM Android syscall emulation or? Because it doesn't say x86-on-ARM
> specifically.

Hi Gerhardus,

I'm afraid that WineConf 2018 has already passed. It was held in July this
year, and will probably not be hosted in the Netherlands again for many
years. However, videos of some of the presentations are available at <
https://peertube.mastodon.host/accounts/wineconf2018/videos>. The
presentation about x86 emulation on ARM is the one titled "Having Fun With
Emulators".

The location of WineConf 2019 has not yet been decided. If you stay
subscribed to the WineConf mailing list, I'm sure you will receive an email
with details as the date approaches. Wine users are definitely welcome to
attend! You might even be able to get financial assistance with plane
tickets from the Wine Party Fund.

-Alex