Next wineconf

Henri Verbeet hverbeet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 04:07:14 CST 2019

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 00:35, Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com> wrote:
> >     Since it's been a while since we've had a "Governance" discussion, I
> >     would be curious to learn the opinions of the other people on this
> >     list if I were to suggest that perhaps it would be healthy for Wine if
> >     the committee did play a more active role in decisions like these.
> >
> > While I don't have strong opinions on where we host it this year (or
> > most years), I'd be in favor of the committee being involved more
> > involved than deciding stipends. Especially since the location chosen
> > has a large effect on how the stipends will look.
>
> Alexandre has suggested that we could do this by asking for proposals,
> and then the committee could choose between proposals.
>
> Michael and Marcus, would you be willing to help decide?  If no one else
> objects, a call for proposals seems like a reasonable next step to me.

It has been brought to my attention that the suggestion here was
intended for this year's WineConf. I don't think that would
necessarily be a bad thing, but it would mean that after going through
that process there would be relatively little time to organise the
actual conference. It may be more practical to start asking for
proposals for WineConf 2020 at this point.

Henri