Virtual Wineconf?

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Nov 19 13:10:15 CST 2020

I've privately asked Aric if he would be willing to help organize a call
for presentations and so on, and he agreed.

We have Arek willing to take care of the very hard logistics of
coordinating this, so I feel like we should try it.

It might be fair for us, as a community, to give Aric and Arek some
guidelines.  Things like how many days, what time of day, what time of
year, and so on.

I'm going to seed this with a suggestion, but I have no strong feelings
about it.  That is, rather than doing this over a weekend, as we usually
do, how about if do this on a Friday/Saturday, and run from 15:00 GMT
until 21:00 GMT each day [1] []2.

For timing, how about the middle of January?  The 15th/16th?

Again, I'm just seeding the discussion.  Thoughts?

Cheers,

Jeremy

[1]  This might be a bit long; we were running quite light on proposals
for the last Wineconf, and I fear we may hit the same.  I'd tend to say
we just shorten the windows to respond to that.

[2]   My rationale is that I hope that Pacific time folks can wake up
early (7:00 am) to participate, and Asian folks can stay up late (22:00
in Japan) to do the same.  I was also sort of hoping that would be
easier for Europeans to get off work on the Friday, but maybe that's a
pointless issue these days.