event flags using pipes

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sun Apr 1 17:21:29 CDT 2001

Mike McCormack  <mike_mccormack at looksmart.com.au> writes:

> Why? By changing the client side implementation of SetEvent and
> ResetEvent the use file descriptors and implementing a client side
> unix fd/handle cache, it should be possible to eliminate server calls
> for these operations and improve the performance of wineserver.

I don't see how you can get the right semantics this way, but maybe I
missed something.  How will you be able to wake a single thread for
auto-reset events, but all of them for manual events?  How are you
going to implement PulseEvent? How can you do WaitForMultipleObjects
for an auto-reset event without a race?

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com