RFC: Should we use the macros in windowsx.h to fix -DSTRICT w arni ngs?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Sat Aug 11 14:20:47 CDT 2001

Patrik Stridvall <ps at leissner.se> writes:

> So to the details of the marshalling API (the unmarshalling API can wait).
> 1. Where should we put them? Suggestion: include/wine/messsage.h

No, it should be private to the dlls that really need it. We shouldn't
add a global Wine-specific interface, we already have too many of
that.

And please don't go around converting all SendMessage calls to some
marshalling API; this should be reserved to the cases where there is
really a need. This is why I suggested to add the inline function in
the C file directly: if there is a file where there are a lot of
WM_COMMANDs with ugly casts, you can add an inline function there. But
if there is only one or two, or calls that don't need ugly typecasts
(most of them don't), then you definitely don't want to use the
inline, just do a normal SendMessage.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com