UNC patch

Stefan Leichter Stefan.Leichter at camLine.com
Thu Dec 6 09:07:29 CST 2001

Eric Pouech wrote:

> what I'm talking about binding is the operation of making the relationship between a UNC name and a (samba-) mounted SMB share.
>
> the equivalent operation for names (making the relationship between a DOS driver letter and a Unix directory) is driven by the Wine configuration.
>
> Even, if both schemes are a bit different, I thought we need the same configuration capabilities in Wine. These are several things we could do (first one is a must have IMO, the others are open to discussion)
> - enable / disable the UNC to mount point parsing
> - enable / disable the UNX to mount point parsing on a per host basis
> - fully configure the UNC to mount point (like we do for DOS drive letters)
> - ...

Ok, I thing i got it now. You are asking for a configuration option in
e.g. ~/.wine/config to enable or disable UNC support like this:

[UNC]
;; default for all not listed hosts
"*" = "N"
;;
;; overwrite default settings for a special host
"MyHostYX" = "Y"

Am I right ?

Bye Stefan