UNC patch

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Dec 6 19:24:06 CST 2001

Eric Pouech wrote:

> > Ok, I thing i got it now. You are asking for a configuration option in
> > e.g. ~/.wine/config to enable or disable UNC support like this:
> yup...

Sorry I haven't had time to test the patch.  I'm jazzed this is
making progress.

I agree with the other poster that this approach of reading /etc/mtab
and looking for smbfs mounts is a complete kludge, but it is definitely
the way to go for the near future.  A real solution is going to be an
intense amount of work, and I don't want to wait...

As for .wine/config, I dunno how important configurability is;
if they have the filesystem mounted, and a UNC reference to it
comes in, seems like there's no reason not to use it; that's
why the smbfs was mounted, isn't it?
- Dan