configure broken?

David Elliott dfe at tgwbd.org
Sat Dec 15 17:35:13 CST 2001

On 2001.12.15 14:35 Oliver Sampson wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Dec 2001 00:21:36 +0800, "Dmitry Timoshkov"
> <dmitry at baikal.ru> wrote:
>
> >"Oliver Sampson" <olsam at quickaudio.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks!   How does one know that it was this type of problem, as
> >> opposed to another type of problem?
> >
> >Well, just solve that type of problem at least twice...
>
> Yep, I figgered that'd be the answer. :-)

Actually, the <<<<<<< was a dead give away.  That generally indicates a
conflict during the update.  You would have noticed that instead of an M
or a P flag you got a C flag during the CVS update for that file.

You can use cvs diff -u, pipe it into less or gvim -R and '/^<<<' to look
for these lines.

The real issue is that when you run autoconf on your computer it will more
than likely generate a slightly different configure script than the
autoconf Alexandre runs when he checks in changes to configure.in, etc.

Instead of rerunning autoconf (which may very well mean the next time you
cvs update and there are changes to configure they may conflict) you could
simply delete configure and do a cvs update -Pd which will redownload the
file.

-Dave