We *really* need a development model change !

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Thu Dec 27 18:23:00 CST 2001

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 12:49:54PM +1300, Geoff Thorpe wrote:

[voting for a simple test interface]

> If a "testing framework" is anything more complicated - the only people
> working on the test suites will be whoever defines/understands the "test
> framework specification" and the hard-core wine developers themselves. In
> other words, we won't get far.
Exactly.

We've got so many (up to 12000) functions to write tests for that we really
can't afford having a complicated test environment. Just about everybody
should be able to write tests for a function.
And if this is the case, then we really should try to leverage as much
existing Windows developer knowledge/skillset as possible in order
to have a working test suite in place in just about an instant.

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.nexgo.de/andi.mohr/