We *really* need a development model change !

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Thu Dec 27 11:22:59 CST 2001

Andriy Palamarchuk <apa3a at yahoo.com> writes:

> Just looked at the tool. It only provides gateway from
> Perl to wine API functions, right?

Yes, though a lot of higher-level stuff could be added to it once
people start using it.

The C vs. Perl question has been debated already, please check the
archive. The truth is that a lot of people are willing to setup a
testing infrastructure, but nobody is willing to write the actual
tests.

So right now we have a minimal infrastructure in Perl, and I'm not
going to setup another one until someone starts using the existing one
seriously and demonstrates whether it works or not in practice. The
theory has been discussed to death already.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com