Windows .lnk file parsing

J. Henning Schwentner 9schwent at informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Sat Jul 7 10:54:10 CDT 2001

Hi Wine developers,

I am planning to write a little tool "lnk2desktop" which converts Windows LNK links into KDE/Gnome .desktop links, which you could use then to integrate your Windows start menu into your K menu.

When I searched through the wine news archive I found a message about library that parses .lnk files and returns the command to execute, the icon etc.

My question is now, does such a library exist and what other ways do exist for finding out such infomations?

Regards,
Henning Schwentner

Lanthan Software KG

P.S.: Please CC me, since I am not subscribed to the list.