The PEACE Project

Andreas Mohr a.mohr at mailto.de
Mon Mar 12 09:22:12 CST 2001

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 03:41:51PM +0100, Patrik Stridvall wrote:
> > I don't know if you know about The PEACE Project:
> >
> > http://chiharu.haun.org/peace/
>
> Now I do. :-)
Now I know it somewhat better ;-)

> > How many Win32 API functions are implemented?
> >
> > Currentry, most APIs are NOT implemented.
>
> ... here
>
> In short this is just some Japanese guys trying
> to reinvent the wheel.
>
> I really can't understand why they don't cooperate
> with us in the Wine project instead.
That's exactly what I thought several weeks ago when I first heard of it.

Licensing issues might be the reason (I did not look at their license !).

Other than that I'm tired of YAW (Yet Another Windows, which is
the name of yet another windows package, coincidentally ;-)

Andreas Mohr