wine/ dlls/x11drv/x11drv_main.c documentation/ ...

Andreas Mohr a.mohr at mailto.de
Sat Mar 24 12:41:53 CST 2001

On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 04:25:09PM -0800, Alexandre Julliard wrote:
> Andreas Mohr <a.mohr at mailto.de> writes:
>
> > Huh ??
> >
> > Why would you consider --desktop to be "obsolete" ?
>
> It's not obsolete, it just has to be specified in the config file
> instead. All command-line options are going to disappear at some
> point, first because they are problematic for some Winelib apps, and
> second because they break dll separation.
Hmmmm.

IMHO --desktop is *very* important.

This will inevitably lead to tons of very confused questions, just like
with the sudden config file change.

You could really have announced this change in advance.

And why don't you get rid of --managed then either ?

And how exactly does this break dll separation ?
(sorry, /me is just being dumb here again)
There are already dozens of things handled globally without any problem,
so why would this one be special ?

The Winelib argument should be sort of valid, though.

Can't we solve this in another way ?
(i.e. maybe keep cmdline options for Wine, but don't use them for Winelib
apps)
Getting rid of all command-line options is not really an option IMHO.
They are just way too useful.
(think about --debugmsg, too !)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.germany.net/100-30936/