Installing MS Office gives error in installer

mdew mdew at orcon.net.nz
Thu Apr 18 03:34:12 CDT 2002

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 11:39, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

> As for others who tries to install Office 2000 with Wine CVS - nice try, but
> you'll need to do tons of tricks in order to install it. running: wine
> setup.exe won't do the trick. If you want to run Office 2000, then please
> don't behave cheaply - go pay the $50 to Codeweavers for their excellent
> product - they give all their modifications back and your money supports them
> in order to continue developing Wine..

cheaply? Im sure this is an OOS Project, are we all leaches upon the
linux community?...I feel a little cheap since I downloaded a couple of
Debain ISO's without paying for them. We use Wine to test out Windows
Apps in Wine...so its no great surprise Office 2000 has become an issue.

> This is the same issue for Transgaming's WineX - want to run full game? then
> subscribe and support them please..
>
> And if you want to flame me - my email is right here - fire away.

Scenerio: What *If* I (or someone else) had a few sane bug fixes, that
allowed Office 2000 to work? What would happen?, "Umm sorry we cant
commit this....because we feel you're too cheap to buy Codeweavers great
product!"

Fixing Issues such as getting Office 2000 to work  should be in the same
catagory as fixing support for any other App using wine. And it
*shouldnt* be delyed just because it "Office 2000". Im Getting the
feeling the codeweavers is failing to commit any code that would promote
any *decent* workable progress of Office 2000 using Wine CVS.

Those are my thoughts anyway..
-mdew

--
ph33r!
Linux mdew 2.4.18-xfs #1 Sun Mar 31 15:53:58 NZST 2002 i686 unknown