WINE XIM Patch

Aric Stewart aric at codeweavers.com
Thu Apr 25 13:07:55 CDT 2002

Hello everyone,

   Myself, Mike McCormack and Ulrich Czekalla have been working like mad
to get XIM into Wine. We have a very early and unclean patch for people
to try and help improve.

   This patch applies to the winehq tip as of today and probably changed
a bunch of things it does not need to. If you use XIM input and can work
with this please give it a try.

   I know it works with Japanese input with kinput2 on my redhat 7.2
machine. Since i do japanese that is what i have been testing but i have
not idea for any other input methods or languages.

   Some known issues.

   * The xim box does not appear in the right place, and i cannot see
what i type as i type it in.

   * the input does not always go to the correct edit window.

   * Presently it probably only works for edit controls...

   Hope this helps people!

-aric