default windows version

Andreas Mohr andi at rhlx01.fht-esslingen.de
Mon Apr 29 15:52:19 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 04:58:16PM -0300, Insyde wrote:
> Hi,
> I had a problem loading a second program under wine.
> I called the first program with:
> wine --winver win2000 pgm1
> I input a password and it wirtes a data file, unloads itself
> and loads a second program. But there was an error every
> time the second program was to start that send me to the
> debug screen.
> So I found misc/version.c line 196 that the default value to
> wine load a program was WIN31, so I changed it to NT2K.
>
> Is there any problem doing this? If not, why is the default still
> WIN31?
No, it's *not*.

If you examine the code more closely, then you'll notice that
defaultWinVersion only gets used in case versionForced is TRUE,
which is only the case once defaultWinVersion gets set to an actually
specified value.

I know, the code is sort of confusing if you don't examine it closely,
so feel free to comment on how to improve the situation with regards
to defaultWinVersion initialization (I'd like to not initialize it at all,
since it isn't being used unless there's a user setting,
but that's not very clean of course ;-)

Tel. +49 7159 800604                http://home.arcor.de/andi.mohr/