freereport initialization crash - cups problem?

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Aug 23 12:52:33 CDT 2002

On 21 Aug 2002, Grzegorz Prokopski wrote:
[...]
> 08072028:Call user32.MessageBoxA(00010021,416b3348 "Access violation at
> address 40D86FC1 in module 'freereport.bpl'. Read of address
> 00000028.",416a4b14 "greg",00000010) ret=40621e83
> [and after many lines it finally hangs in MsgWainForMultipleObjectsEx]
>
> Strange for me is this, that winedbg doesn't get running at this point.
> Why? How is the error catched then w/o triggering winedbg?

Seems like the application has an exception handler and simply catches
the exception. In that case winedbg will not be triggered unless it is
already running and you have it set to be triggered on first chance
exceptions (should be described somewhere in the doc).

  Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment
                               -- Barry LePatner