HTML Help and IWebBrowser status

Joerg Mayer jmayer at loplof.de
Tue Dec 3 10:17:12 CST 2002

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 04:46:00AM -0600, Ender wrote:
> That brings me to my other WIP, de-QT'ing KHTML and turning it into a
> working browser implementation for WINE. So far this is actually coming
> along quite well, and besides a few points it definatly makes an effective
> browser and IE compatability seems to generally be good enough to keep the
> majority of IWebBrowser using applications happy. I've since abandoned my
> earlier hopes to keep the changes minor (in order to make it easier to
> backport fixes from the main KDE cvs), simply because it was making the
> code quite messy.
>
> Hopefully I'll have some beta code ready in a week or two, depending on
> how my free time goes.

I just told Dirk (one of the people putting quite a lot of time into kde)
about your work and he told be the following (translated from German):

> > lustiges Projekt: "de-QT'ing KHTML"...
>
> erzähl ihm mal von kdenox - im prinzip kdelibs dropins mit limitierter
> funktionalität für khtml only.

[Tell him about kdenox - which is basically a kdelibs replacement with limited
 functionality for khtml only]

> Ausserdem gibt es then Atheos port, der einfach die (wenigen) verwendeten Qt
> Klassen durch eigene Implementierung ersetzt und somit einen fast
> unmodifizierten khtml tree übernehmen kann.

[Then there is the Atheos port, which simply replaces the (few) used Qt classes
 by its own implemetation and is thus able to use an almost unmodified khtml tree]

 Ciao
        Jörg
--
Joerg Mayer                                          <jmayer at loplof.de>
I found out that "pro" means "instead of" (as in proconsul). Now I know