Use COMSPEC command interpreter to run .bat files.

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Dec 4 03:20:44 CST 2002

    Sylvain> Thanks, this works.  But it seems another problem is coming.  I
    Sylvain> checked the COMSPEC value under wcmd.  It currently answers
    Sylvain> COMSPEC=C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\wcmd.exe.

    Sylvain> This cannot be found - wineinstall sets links into system32.
    Sylvain> link_app wcmd "$CROOT/windows/system32/cmd.exe" Is wcmd setting
    Sylvain> comspec ? If so, this setting must be changed.

    >> you can't run "wine cygwin.bat --debugmsg +process". Only
    >> "CreateProcess(...,"...bat") is supported? And the fix for GOTO in
    >> batch files needs still to be applied.
    >>
    >> Is "wine cygwin.bat --debugmsg +process" really something valid?
    >> "wine --debugmsg +process -- wcmd /c cygwin.bat" Should work.

If you run "wine --debugmsg +process -- wcmd /c cygwin.bat", my patch
shouldn't be involved. Is in your case a 'CreateProcess (...,"....bat
...")' somehow involved? Only then my patch should change anything.
Wcmd should be found somehow magically, either in ../wine/programs or by the
COMSPEC variable.

Where does the wine install process put WCMD? As I always run wine in my
build tree, I can't check...

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de