ThunkTheTemplateHandle and Kazaa

Ender winedev at admdev.com
Fri Dec 20 02:34:50 CST 2002

Hi all.

Trying to run any recent version of Kazaa (Lite) under WINE fails for me,
as it trys to call an unimplemented krnl386.exe stub... ordinal 538
(ThunkTheTemplateHandle).

After doing a little minimal debugging, all I could see that ordinal doing
was messing with some segment pointers and calling ordinal 630 (C16ThkSL).

I really have no idea what any of this stuff does (*cough*), although
copying the line for ordinal 630 into ordinal 538 makes Kazaa work for me
:)

I don't suppose anybody with a little more knowledge of this bit of
Windows knows what actually goes on here? It'd be nice to see this fixed
(properly :) in CVS, as Kazaa is a fairly popular application.

Cheers,
        Ender