wine-devel digest, Vol 1 #745 - 13 msgs

Roger Fujii rmf at lookhere.com
Fri Feb 15 08:31:43 CST 2002

Steve Langasek <vorlon at dodds.net> wrote:
> > I'd like to. But I will not release code under an FSF license, so I can
> > only do so if I know that the project won't try to xGPL my work.
>
> You believe in releasing code under BSD-style licenses, but you refuse to
> do so unless you have assurances that no one will create a GPLed product
> from that code as allowed by the BSD license?

I think there is a distinction to be made between RE-licencing and the
"original" license.  Given that we are possibly in an imminent change
of the license, it is conceivable that a patch made now might not
come out under a BSD license (really would depend on how the switchover
would occur).  Just as some people won't contribute to anything BUT *gpled
projects, it's not unreasonable for other to have the opposite position.

-r