ldconfig : ..... .so is not a symbolic link

Medland, Bill Bill.Medland at accpac.com
Fri Feb 15 09:12:34 CST 2002

Ah! I wasn't the only one.  I went home last night and built a fresh wine
and had the same thing happen to me.  I thought it was because I had a
screwed up system.

As far as I understand it (google *IS* your friend) this is raised by
ldconfig on occasions when it finds two identical so's that are explicitly
saved rather than symbolically linked.  However not always.  In my case
having removed all those messages (which I presume are actually warnings)
ldconfig still didn't seem to detect my libuser.so for some reason (and
possibly some others).  (Actually they can't be warnings; initially it
couldn't find libwprocs.so but that disappeared when I linked it to
libkernel32.so, I think).

Hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about will help us both
out.

Bill

P.S. I don't suppose you tried a make uninstall and make install.  DONT.
make install won't work since the wine gets copied after the windedbg tries
to copy from it.