brett glass

Shane Shields locutusenterprises at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 14:49:23 CST 2002

>The words of a man who has no intention, interest or desire to compromise.
>"There is no need to compromise because my way is the right way."  Brett, no
>one
>on this list that has read your posts fails to see your point.  Some of them
>disagree, some of them agree, but a) you have no formal say in the decision
>(of
>course, you're free to do as you've done and bemoan the issue) and b) you
>have
>shown no willingness to look at the points of view of the other members of
>this
>list who don't think the same way you do.

>I think it's time you, to use a phrase, either put up or shut up.  If you
>want
>people to listen to you more than you've listened to them, then write some
>code.
> Then, people might be more interested in what you have to say.  Saying
>"Well,
>I *might* contribute, so long as you don't change the license" and presuming
>that your vapourware-work is any sort of argument for people to listen to
>you
>and do what you want, is ridiculous, childish and egotistical.

>We've heard your arguments and attacks on the FSF and RMS.  Fine, you've
>stated
>your case and made your point.  Now let the people that can actually make
>the
>decision make it.

hear hear

im glad that you said it. cause if you wasnt going to i was. some people like
arguing for arguments sake but it takes two (or more) people to have an
argument. if no-one was to reply to an unwanted solicitation then that outlet
of expression will die a limp death. for people who enjoy vendettas and
slander the best medicine is to deny them the satisfaction of knowing that
they have produced a response. in other words dont respond to useless
verbatribe and it will dissapear like butter on a hot plate.

this is the only mail that you will see from me about this subject (no need
to regurgitate useless code)

best regards
Shane Shields

--
To drink the WINE of success you must first seek the sayings of source