Unnecessary imports?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.com
Mon Jan 21 13:12:48 CST 2002

Francois Gouget <fgouget at free.fr> writes:

>    There is one case where this seems to be the true. But in most of the
> others I would find it surprising. I would rather suspect that the dll
> used to import some wine-specific API from kernel32 but no longer does.

Some of the imports are needed for other platforms; there are a number
of functions that get inlined on i386 but not on other CPUs, so you
need the import to compile there. Also some functions like the
critical section ones are temporarily #defined to point to ntdll but
they should actually be imported from kernel32, and will be when all
the dlls import kernel32 properly.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.com