linux kernel thoughts

William Knop w_knop at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 3 01:58:35 CDT 2002

I'm sure people have asked questions about integrating wine into the linux
kernel. Probably got flamed by everybody, yeah? But that's not what I'm
posting about. Not directly, anyway. =)

I'm thinking of writing a kernel patch for PE executable support. Is there
any reason why wine libraries should not be used in a similar manner as
standard linux libraries? Granted wine is more than just it's libraries.
Anyway, good idea, bad idea?

And please keep the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comments to yourself.
No progress is made with that mentality.

Will