linux kernel thoughts

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.de
Mon Jun 3 10:43:11 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 02:58:35AM -0400, William Knop wrote:
> I'm sure people have asked questions about integrating wine into the linux
> kernel. Probably got flamed by everybody, yeah? But that's not what I'm
Not realy. A wine kernel patch already exists, see
ftp://ftp.infradead.org/pub/people/dwh . And Linus dosn't oppose the
idea of having a wine/windows support in the kernel:
http://lists.insecure.org/linux-kernel/2000/Sep/1504.html .

bye
	michael

> posting about. Not directly, anyway. =)
>
> I'm thinking of writing a kernel patch for PE executable support. Is there
> any reason why wine libraries should not be used in a similar manner as
> standard linux libraries? Granted wine is more than just it's libraries.
> Anyway, good idea, bad idea?
>
> And please keep the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" comments to yourself.
> No progress is made with that mentality.

System Administration           Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at redhat.com
Hauptstaetterstr. 58            http://www.redhat.de/
D-70178 Stuttgart