patches for DInput and getting memory size when running FreeBSD

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Wed May 1 15:03:31 CDT 2002

On Wed, 1 May 2002, Olivier Houchard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are a few patches.
> The first one is to be applied on dlls/dinput/keyboard/main.c. It is ugly but that's the only way I found to get games that use SetEventNotification for keyboard to work.
> The second one is to be applied on memory/global.c. It is not the best way to get memory size on FreeBSD I guess, but it is still better than 16*1024*1024 :)

Maybe a couple of configure checks would be better?
You could check for sys/sysctl.h and sysctlbyname for instance.

For Linux we cannot check for anything because it uses normal functions
and simply tries to read stuff in /proc. But on FreeBSD, the return of
the first sysctlbyname("hw.physmem"...) may be used as a basis of an if,
placed inside and #ifdef, and before the Linux one.

 Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't
                                 -- Eric Jong