native user32 dll

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Mon May 6 14:31:38 CDT 2002

    Michael> Why would address space separation break the native user dll?
    Michael> Shouldn't wine's address space handling be the same as windows?
    Michael> Maybe there's something I'm not understanding...

Well, there's a memory model for win32 and some hacks MS uses for Win9X...

    >> likely remain so > native user32 requires lots of bits from native >
    >> kernel (which are no longer available because of > adress space

Trying to run with native User32, the first obstacle I meet is K208. After
the call to K208, DS==0 and things obvious crash. Making K208 a void
function returning 0 continues until the function GETFASTQUEUE, which
anounces itself "expect failure!" as the thread-local queue seems not
initialized at that moment...

Bye

Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de