native user32 dll

Michael Cardenas michael.cardenas at lindows.com
Mon May 6 12:50:41 CDT 2002

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 10:43:36PM +0200, Uwe Bonnes wrote:

>     Ulrich> The K208 problems look like segments / LDT not being shared.
>
>     Ulrich> GetFastQueue was recently broken for native user when Alexandre
>     Ulrich> removed the Callout to user there ...
>
> Having native user running would be a big thing for debugging e.g. message
> problems. E.g. I have an application that at some point started to deny the
> WM_NCCREATE call in CreateWindows, and I guess that some missing message
> leaves some memory uninitialized.

> Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
>
> Institut fuer Kernphysik  Schlossgartenstrasse 9  64289 Darmstadt
> --------- Tel. 06151 162516 -------- Fax. 06151 164321 ----------

I agree. I've pretty much given up on trying to fix the embedded
internet explorer in aol7 because I'm fairly sure it relies on window
messaging.

Maybe we could fix it just for winver==win95 ? There's no reason that
the address space for NT should be used when the user explicitly
requests 95.

--
michael cardenas
lead windows compatibility engineer

"Be the change you want to see in the world"
-Mahatma Gandhi