Wineconsole (again)

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Tue May 21 17:29:10 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-05-20 at 22:22, Dustin Navea wrote:
> why not have wine take advantage of syslog-ng

> by the by, if you don't know how syslog-ng is an easy
> way to find out, it prints out all messages it is
> given to tty12, so all the user would have to do is
> hit ctrl+alt+f12 read the message(s) and then alt+f7
> back to x...

I don't *think* I'm using syslog-ng (I'm on whatever comes with Debian
woody) and I can do this anyway. I have an entry like this in
syslog.conf:

*.*	/dev/tty10

And I get everything on VC#10

I have loved this feature since I discovered it. I even use it on the
firewall and added a startup script to change to VC 10 on startup (so I
just need to plug a monitor in to see why it's stopped responding :)

--
Russell Howe     | Why be just another cog in the machine,
rhowe at wiss.co.uk | when you can be the spanner in the works?