Lower bugs changing note

Andriy Palamarchuk apa3a at yahoo.com
Tue May 28 12:35:01 CDT 2002

--- Dustin Navea <speeddymon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> The changes on the lower numbered bugs are done by
> me,
> trying to get some of these old bugs out of he list
> of
> ones to be worked on, if they have been fixed.....

I noticed :-)

Dustin,
  thank you for the great work you do. It was long
overdue to clean these old issues.

I have some comments - sometimes you mark as resolved
and ask to reopen if the bug still exists bugs with
very nice reports.

I think this is good approach when you can't check
whether the problem still exists or for some obscure
applications, but many of the bug reports you closed
are short, nice and consious.

I think better approaches with these sort of bug
reports is:
a) try to reproduce yourself - the best approach. Your
confirmation in the bug comments is very important for
developer who may try to fix the issue.
b) if research looks complex - a half a way to solving
a bug, you can add comment, smth like "Needs to be
confirmed".

In both cases bug can be assigned to the component
owner.

c) ask to confirm without resolving the bug

All these approaches insure that bug report won't be
forgotten and this can happen if the bugs are just
marked as "resolved".

Could you try to go through the old bugs you marked as
resolved?
I already started to do this.
I'll leave my comments in the bugs I reviewed.

Thanks,
Andriy