[RFC] creating Wine's own 'assert' variant

Dimitrie O. Paun dpaun at rogers.com
Sat Oct 26 08:42:59 CDT 2002

On October 26, 2002 08:48 am, Lionel Ulmer wrote:
> So, don't you think it would be better to have our own 'wine_assert'
> macro / function that could be configurable (ie abort or start the
> debugger) and that would also shut-down Wine properly ?

Did you forget the patch? ;)

I would suggest that we still call it 'assert', but somehow we get
the wine specific one from the headers (like wine/debug.h).

So we can break the patch in two steps:
  1. include <assert.h> in 'wine/debug.h', and
     get rid of all other '#include <assert.h>'
     from the tree
  2. implement our own version of assert() in
     wine/debug.h

--
Dimi.